New & Returning Students
New and returning students who have nothg0088手机版登录 taken a class within the San Mateo County Community College District for one or more years must complete the online admission application.
As part of completing the online admission application students identify an educational
After you submit the online admission application:
- Print the confirmation page.
- Check your email (including the spam folder) for important information from CSM Admissions Office regarding your registration.
- Your email will include your student ID number and the next steps in the registration process.
- The email usually arrives within 1-2 hours of submitting the application, but may take up to one business day. Please note our Admissions and Records Office Hours of Operation. If you have not received the “Welcome to College of San Mateo” email, it may have gone to your email account’s spam folder. Also, please make sure you fully submitted the application. After you submit the application, you are taken to a confirmation page, which provides a confirmation number. Print the confirmation page for your records. For technical assistance with the online application, please contact OpenCCC at (877) 247-4836 or email@example.com.
Your educational goal determines how you proceed after Step 1.
Complete Steps 2-6 if on your admission application you indicated you are taking courses to:
Go directly to Step 5 if on your admission application you indicated you are taking courses to:
For Math and English Assessment:
Option 1: Welcome Workshop
For ESL Assessment:
Computerized testing for English as a Second Language (ESL)
To schedule an assessment appointment, log into your WebSMART account. The user ID is your G number and the password is your 6-digit birth date (MMDDYY). Click on "Student Services and Student Appointments."
- You must present a photo ID
- There is no fee for testing
- Assessment Services is located in College Center Building 10, Third Floor, Room 370
If you have already successfully completed English and/or math courses at another college or university within the United States and are planning to enroll in an English or math course (or a course that has an English or math prerequisite), thenyour previous coursework must be approved. Visit montregucci.com/prerequisites for more information on how to complete the Prerequisite Equivalency form.
Only through your my.smccd.edu email address do you receive important information from your professors and the college. It is essential that you make it a practice to check your my.smccd.edu email regularly.